Is your lift NBN ready?
The NBN is currently being rolled out nationwide, and with it comes some serious safety upgrades for our elevator systems. With the switch, all Lift Emergency Phones will be migrated onto the NBN network. As this is an essential part of your lift’s safety operating system, the emergency phone line MUST stay legally compliant and work at all times.
Need some help demystifing exactly what you need to do to keep your residents safe and keep your lift operating legally? West Coast Elevators have all the information you need to stay compliant during the NBN rollout.
1. The impact the NBN will have on your lift
The NBN is continually upgrading landline and internet networks across Australia. This nationwide upgrade may leave some existing Lift Emergency Phones incompatible with the new technology being installed.. As it is a legal requirement to ensure Lift Emergency Phones are always operable in case of emergency they will need to be upgraded to remain compliant.
Unfortunately there is also no guarantee the new NBN lines will work during a power outage/blackout. Therefore before the NBN is installed in your area you will also need to upgrade to a compliant automatic battery backup solution.
2. How to stay compliant
- Automatic 2 hour battery backup in the event of power failure.
- Compatible with all major Australian Mobile Networks.
- Compatible with existing handsets and auto-dial phones currently operating on the old copper network.
3. What you need to do
- Check when the NBN will be installed and active in your area.
- Buy a compliant wireless GSM unit from West Coast Elevators
- Supply your own active SIM card on the day of installation.
Pricing as of 2022 and may be subject to change without notice; prices quoted apply to Perth city metropolitan areas.
As the NBN is already arrived in many Perth suburbs, don’t be caught out with a non-compliant lift. Keep safety top of mind and organise your essential West Coast Elevator NBN upgrade today.